This 1920’s structure has
over the years been the home of an automotive service garage, a sheet
metal fabricator, and the Pittsburgh Public Theater’s scene shop.
The new owner wanted to transform this into a contemporary living space;
an urban retreat, and an oasis for entertaining. The original façade
remains, although previous windows, doors, and infill have been removed.
Behind this is positioned a new layer of glass. The space between
the two layers becomes the equivalent of the residential front porch.