The existing structure was an
ordinary 1950’s concrete box, with few windows and little connection
to its neighborhood business district context. New links are created
a storefront approach, opening views into and out of the library. Book
displays and seating in the front
windows provide opportunities for customers to see and be seen along
the street, strengthening the library’s presence in the community.